Matrox TripleHead2Go

U

Unregistered

yes

hmm pruty interesting

nvidia only ? need ati HD card for the x264 decoder ...

3 lcd 22 monitors budget solution

3 lcd 24 monitors mid solution

3 lcd 28 monitors high-end solution

still thinking ....

PS : if i use 3 wide 24 or 28 will it look k ? or just "normal" ones ?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
You have to use standard 4:3 monitors for this to work. We are working on the review of the new digital TH2Go but sadly, this is the case with it as well. You can use a pair of 24" monitors but not three. It's either that or 3 regular 19" monitors.

U

Unregistered

k

k ... 2 bad the prices for 22 monitors are like the same with 22 ones

so 3 normal 19 displays + th2g ~ 1000 $ - 1500$ ( the price of a good 24 monitor ) with huge gaming resolution.

i'm sold ! :X

U

Unregistered

k

LATER : k ... 2 bad the prices for 22 monitors are like the same with 19 ones .. like what was i thinking ?

juGGaKNot

Obliviot
hmm so only 3 19' monitors with maxim rezolution ( 1280 X 1024 )

cant use 3 22 or 24 monitors that i set at 1280 instead of their max rezolution ?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I don't have any reason to not think that it would work but would you want to run your monitors in anything but their native resolutions? This is from Matrox's site:

Display driver: Support for 1920 x 480, 2400 x 600, 3072 x 768 or 3840 x 1024 resolution

The Triple Head 2 Go now supports this as well:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/support/th2go/tmet.php

I hope this helps.

juGGaKNot

Obliviot
yes 3840 X 1024 is perfect 4 all games. but my dell 1130 will still be the monitor for counter strike 1.6 !

thnx 4 the quick answer and for the review !

w8 for triple head2go digital review.

The Best.

U

Unregistered

Matrox TH2GO

I just read your review and WOW! how complete. You have quite a talent to illustrate things. I have one question regarding the TH2GO. I don't know much about all that stuff that you speak about, but I just got an HP laptop with Nvidia (I saw the sticker). It is a Pavilion dv 9000 running on vista. Someone told me that I couldn't run three monitors on a laptop. Will the Matrox TH2GO be my solution or does it only work on desktop models?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I just read your review and WOW! how complete. You have quite a talent to illustrate things. I have one question regarding the TH2GO. I don't know much about all that stuff that you speak about, but I just got an HP laptop with Nvidia (I saw the sticker). It is a Pavilion dv 9000 running on vista. Someone told me that I couldn't run three monitors on a laptop. Will the Matrox TH2GO be my solution or does it only work on desktop models?

That notebook will most certainly run three monitors with the TH2Go. Doing a quick search for you notebook on the HP site, I wasn't able to find exactly which video card you have in your computer but I assume it can handle the higher resolution. Before you run out and purchase one though, please double check with the NVIDIA site to make sure that your GPU can handle the additional pixels.

The TH2Go was originally designed for notebook use but the desktop gaming community has taken the product line and ran with it... with much success I might add.

netrogue

Obliviot
Is this board still alive? Who do we need to annoy at Matrox to get them to put out new firmware to support 120Hz refresh rates so we can game in 3D with three monitors?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Can that even be done with a firmware update? It sounds like something more on a hardware-level that couldn't be accomplished with something so simple. Another limitation might be the graphics drivers from ATI or NVIDIA. The latter is the only company to currently support 3D on even one monitor, (assuming you are talking about 3D Vision), so it might be up to them as well.

Another option would be to pick up three 3D monitors, but I'm doubtful that would deliver a perfect experience. 3D on multi-monitor sounds like something that would need a lot of tweaking.

Flyv

Obliviot
Matrox TH2G Dig at 120hz for 3D surround Gaming

Yea I hope they make that happen also. Just got the 22 inch Samsung and NV glasses and its SOOOOO COOOL even cooler then the TH2G on my 3 24 inch dells. If they make it happen I will dump the dells for another two Samsungs. I put in the latest NVD drivers and now my TH2G is wacking out its unusable. My 3D still works fine though I have read NVD dropped support for some of the Widescreen modes on the TH2G with the new drivers. Before the update I could play in 3D on the Samsung or Surround on my dells with the TH3G. BUMMER big BUMMER!
I can't even roll back my NVD drivers keeps putting the latest in? Hopefully a future fix from Matrox or NVD will fix this issue?

I am still here and I agree WE NEED TH2G 120hz!!!!! and we need it NOW!:mad:

Flyv

Obliviot
Yea agree Rob

:(Probly will be a new box from MAtrox for 120hz TH2G gaming. I also do not think its a firmware thing and we would need all new hardware. Was wondering if anyone else put in the latest NVD drivers using quad sli 2 9800 gx2's here vista ult 64 bit dumbed down so its fast (turned off stuff and tweeked alot) Vista's pretty good after that. My TH2G is all messed up now. I do 3d graphics on another drive (use removable pullout boot drives) and the TH2G works alot better on my GFX workstation even with the new drivers but I did loose the new widescreen resolutions from the last FW and PD updat from Matrox.