Logitech G5 Laser Mouse

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Logitech has always been a huge player in the peripheral market, even for gamers. Their MX510 and MX518 mice won countless awards and become a favorite among many. Take that design, improve the feel and throw in a laser, and we have the G5. Let's see how it compares to other mice we have used.

After checking out the review, please feel free to discuss it here!

H

Hugo

Hi! Please check the review, it says weights are 1.7g and 4.8g but in fact they are 1.7g and 4.5g =)
Excellent mouse! Worked great everywhere and it's perfect not only for gaming but for designing too (you can switch DPI down to the lowest for high-precision finishing touches)

Regards,
Hugo

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Fixed, thanks! Glad you are enjoying the mouse. I am using the wireless version (G7) which doesn't have the weights. It's good, but the batteries must be changed way too often.

G

Gamer124

NEW G5

Logitech's Website shows a new G5 mouse with 2 side buttons and black and blue paint scheme that is really slick!!! If those who didn't want it because of 2 side buttons, your time has come!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Link? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I see a BF2 model, but it still has one side button.

U

Unregistered

Actually, those are the Battlefield 2142 and Star Wars editions of the G5, respectively. I don't know why "Star Wars", since there is no single reference to that on the mouse, or even on the box. I currently own one of those (G5 SW edition), and it's a kind of blue-ish grey on the outside and a silver/gray n the middle, with darker grey sprays over it, and the lights are all blue instead of orange (original G5). I find this one much more good looking, but that's a POV.

Oh, and they only have 1 side button, not two. Trust me, I'm looking at mine right now.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
One side button? That makes no sense. What were Logitech thinking. I don't mind one side button on a PC that I don't game on, but two are extremely handy for most any game.