Logitech Announces Two New PS3 Bluetooth Peripherals

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Logitech is a company that creates outstanding gaming peripherals... but only for the PC. To date, no Logitech console product has impressed me, and I even awarded their PS3 Cordless Precision Controller a 6 out of 10 back in June. After that review, I was really beginning to wonder how much Logitech really cared about the console market. But, my doubts might soon be wiped away with their latest releases.

The Cordless Vantage Bluetooth Headset and Cordless MediaPro Keyboard both use the Bluetooth connection that's built into the PS3, which only makes sense. The extra dongles included with previous offerings were clunky and not great to look at, despite being very small. The headset is designed to last upwards of twelve hours in between charges and the keyboard is set to last 200 hours with the included AA batteries. Kudos to Logitech for finally releasing some PS3 products that don't require a separate dongle!

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
logitech_bluetooth_media_ps3_091307.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
"Logitech is pleased to offer two Bluetooth-enabled products for the PlayStation 3 console platform, making the PS3 experience even better," said Bruce Lancaster, vice president of Logitech’s interactive entertainment business unit. "The Cordless Vantage Headset for PS3 allows gamers to coordinate with teammates – wirelessly. And the Cordless MediaBoard Pro Bluetooth keyboard significantly improves the PLAYSTATION(R) Network experience, making it easier and faster to manage accounts and text with friends."

Source: Logitech Press Release

ComradeWolf

Obliviot
It seems to me that Logitech is lending a helping hand to a company's section that has almost face planted, it's good to see that some people and companies will lend a helping hand.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
More games like FFXI in the works?

If not then... why do i need a touch pad? oh... because I dont have a Wii mote. Gotcha. ;)