Liquid Resize GIMP Plugin Released

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Remember that video of the image resizing technology that would properly scale any image to look good with any aspect ratio or size? Well as it turns out, it's now available as a plugin for the GIMP image manipulation tool (available for Linux and Windows).

I took a few minutes to install it and give a quick test, which saw results nothing like the examples in the video. I loaded a photo that I shot in New York last week and tried to scale it down both height-wise and width-wises. Below you can see the original, followed by the two edits using the Liquid Rescale plugin.

It's evident that the rescaling process didn't deliver the effect I was looking for, and the process took far longer than a simple Image Scale process that's already included in the GIMP. The above photo was the only one I have tested with due to lack of time, but you shouldn't just take my word for it. If you use the GIMP, download the plugin and see what you can manage.

Source: Lifehacker

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I use GIMP all the time, I'll give this a shot to see how well it works for my needs..............;)

Thanks for the link.