LCD monitor

carolin

Obliviot
Do you know good LCD monitor for Photography work ? I had been using CRT monitors for it's colour accuracy and its ability to show a smooth gradiant from balck to white. I am about to get an LCD monitor. Please help me if you know any good LCD for photography work on a PC.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I haven't kept up with other models, but the Dell UltraSharp U2711 is supposed to be one of the top monitors available... it certainly costs enough though, as you can buy a cheap 30" Dell display for the same price. Given the dot pitch of the monitor and the resolution it should be perfect for up close viewing though. I'm extremely happy with my old Dell 2407-WFP.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I have a Dell U2410 and colour accuracy is pretty damn good, it won't beat an NEC, but it's half the price. There does seem to be a few complaints and pot-luck over the green/pink tint issue, but most have been successful with RMA's. The only thing that bugs me is the touch buttons on the bezel, they like to ignore finger presses.... what happened to companies using buttons, they made life so much easier. The Apple cinema LED backlit display is also very good, but it always comes back to budget. What do you need, size, working colour mode, budget, etc?