Lamptron Warns of Counterfeit Products

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Stories about the sale of counterfeit products are a dime a dozen, but it's not often that we have of one involving traditional PC components. Lamptron, maker of some of the highest-regarded fan controllers, has just discovered that it's a victim of counterfeiting, and the company is doing all it can to spread the word.

lamptron_fc8_011612.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

eunoia

Partition Master
Just say "no" to counterfeit products, especially for something as quality-critical as computer hardware. I'll forever regret buying that Moctua CPU cooler. :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's just not worth the risk... at all. Even with my camera I ended up paying double for a spare battery than what a knock-off would of cost. Last thing you need is for a battery to explode and take your camera with it. The same goes for things like fan controllers. Cheap components are a real fire hazard.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Is this why? Link to Newegg

All those products say Lamptron, let are listed as 1st PC Corp on the manufacturer. They say Lampton on the product, though.

1st PC Corp redirects to http://www.1stpccorp.com/ which does not appear to be related to the Lamptron website in any way?