Interplay to make nice comeback?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
An updated Interplay website has sparked conversation all over the web with regards to what's to come. Personally, seeing Earthworm Jim there along with MDK makes me feel nostalgic. I would LOVE to see new games based off those two series, and I'm sure I'm not alone there. Heck, a new Descent game would KICK ASS as well.

It's highly unlikely they'd announce new titles for all the games shown there... or is it? WHY would they tempt us like that? They wouldn't. Or would they? BAH!

Damn you Interplay. Hopefully we won't have to wait long before we know what's going on.

Attachments

• interplay_website_march08.jpg
    interplay_website_march08.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 525

NicePants42

Partition Master
Rock 'n' Roll Racing and the Lost Vikings were freaking awesome. I also enjoyed MDK, everyone loved Earthworm Jim, the Starfleet games were generally well liked...was there anything Interplay made that wasn't good?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think you pretty much said it. It's sad that such a great company ran into such trouble. I just hope this comeback is for real. I think their games will appeal to old-school gamers and new gamers alike.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
Kingpin Life of crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080408/cltu117.html?.v=53

It's official! Earthworm Jim, MDK, Descent and Dark Alliance are all going to be getting sequels.

Now to sit back and wait to see how bad they screw each one of these up. Don't get me wrong... they might be worthy sequels, but if history proves itself, then resurrected games don't often strike the right chord with diehard fans.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Rock 'n' Roll Racing and the Lost Vikings were freaking awesome. I also enjoyed MDK, everyone loved Earthworm Jim, the Starfleet games were generally well liked...was there anything Interplay made that wasn't good?

Earthworm Jim was fun... I played one of the Star Trek games but don't remember the title as I never actually played the game. After awhile I'd simply hit the warp drive key, randomly end up in strange place usually across the klingon nuetral zone under attack, and would have fun with 1v1, 2v1 or usually 3v1 odds... :D

I agree, remaking an old favorite is definitely harder and more delicate than making a new game, going to be uphill for them all the way.