Internet Anonymity - Anonymizer vs Steganos

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Last week, we took a look at what Internet Anonymity is, and how it works. Today, we will be taking a hard look at two of the most popular Anonymity tools out there.

internetanonymity_logo.gif

Check out the full article here, and then discuss it here! This time was only Internet Anonym and Anonymizer, but I'm definitely going to be looking at more in the future. If you have a recommendation, let me know!

U

Unregistered

Nice review - thanks

I'm just starting to look into these types of services/programs. Your review was very helpful. One question... Do these programs prevent my ISP from logging my surfing?

Thanks
M

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hey M,

In order to see anything on the internet, you have an IP address that is assigned to your ISP, so technically anything that Stegenos or Anonyimizer sends to your IP, your ISP could technically see.

I believe that both programs encrypt the data though, which is decrypted on your local computer, which would make it clearly impossible for your ISP to understand. You may want to dealve deeper to see if it's true for either programs.

You may also want to give Tor a try, as that's a very quick immerging technology.

U

Unregistered

Some more info...

Cheers Rob - I checked out Tor, but I don't think that's for me. I am prepared to pay for a premium product or service, that works transparently, but protects my IP address, and my surfing habbits from advertising & marketing companies, ISP's and hackers, BUT not one that slows down my surfing by 50% - which I have found with the Internet Anonym free trial.

Have you had any experience with web-based services like www.primedius.com or www.findnot.com?

Great site by the way!
M