Intel's E7200 Popping Up at Popular E-tailers, Priced at ~$135US

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
When I took a look at Intel's latest budget chip, the Core 2 Duo E7200, back in April, we weren't sure of when it would be launched, since Intel kept quiet on the actual release date. Well sometime between then and now, it was pushed out to retailers, and is priced quite well.

For those unaware, the E7200 is a 2.53GHz chip based on the 45nm architecture. That means better overall efficiency and cooler temps. Being a more value-oriented processor, the E7200 includes 3MB of L2 Cache, as opposed to the 6MB of its bigger brothers, like the E8400. In our review though, we were unable to find real-world situations where that would hold someone back, so it shouldn't be something to worry about unless you have a very specific need.

Add to the pile that the chip could hit 3.0GHz without issue sweetened the deal only further. As I said in the review, I love this chip. It screams value and comes recommended by me whole heartily. The best part is the price, of $135 US and CAN on average. So far, only NCIX, Tiger Direct and NewEgg have them in stock, but all price them similarly.

For those still unsure if this is the right chip for your needs, be sure to check out our review, as it aims to answer all of those lingering questions.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
intel_core_2_duo_45nm_packaging.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
At 2.53GHz and $133 USD, the E7200 promises to become the new Dual-Core budget superstar. After taking a hard look at the upcoming offering, we would have to readily agree. Overclocking only sweetens the deal further, with 3.0GHz on stock voltages being more than possible. We have a winner!

Source: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Review