Imitation: The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'll be the first to ask for a fill-in. I have no idea what that is familiar to. Cases with built-in water cooling aren't really that new.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Look at the method of build. Remember Vince's PC or how I did the setup on the Apex Ultra review? 6mo.s after Vince's PC and a month and a half after the Apex Ultra review Tt releases a case with a built in vertical rad in the lower front.

RazorBack

E.M.I.
Is it not another Thermaltake case it is similar too??

Looks good anyway, I have the silver Armour and love it!

madmat

Soup Nazi
The Kandalf LCS is similar but it uses a 3-120mm fan mounted in the front door of the case rather than the 2-120mm rad mounted in the bottom 6 drive bays like I did with Vince's PC and the VA8000BWS I used to review the Apex Ultra.

Just looks odd that Tt released an WC case using the very same rad setup that I (and a few others) have done and posted about on another forum where a Tt rep works. Not to mention the fact that I used that setup in a review a month or so prior to Tt releasing this version.

That's OK though, I'm used to it, back in 2002 I did a window in my Antec 1080B case that was released about 6 months after I posted it in a fairly popular modding site (at that time).

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
One time, I breathed, and someone else did a few minutes later.

Just razzing you. Maybe they did steal your idea, I have no idea. PM the rep on that forum =)

madmat

Soup Nazi
I don't care if they did borrow the idea, I personally find it flattering. I wasn't being facetious in the tread title.

RazorBack

E.M.I.
Sorry, THIS is the case I meant. No idea they made a water cooled kandalf as well...

I tried water cooling, ended up sending every single component back :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I would be willing to bet that the case in question has been an idea around Tt for quite some time.

Oh, and I have had 2 of those Antec Soho cases and I still do. I too put a window in my first one a long time ago so I belive that Antec owes you and I some royalties. God damn you Antec, God damn you.

madmat

Soup Nazi
My window design was different than Antec's, Antec went with the tight radius around the handle, I went with a larger square around the handle. Chieftech are the ones that ended up using the same window shape.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I still want some money. Not to concerned who sends it but damn it man, send me some money!