IGE: Inside The MMO Trading Machine

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Gamasutra managed to gain the opportunity to sit down and speak with James Clarke, IGE's chief operating officer in Asia, during our time in Shanghai (where Clarke is largely based) last month. We had a chance to find out more about not only his role at the company, but also IGE's plans itself, giving a rare insight behind the curtain into the workings of the MMO trading titan.

I won't get into how much I hate online Gold buying, because it would take me multiple pages. However, this is an interesting read:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060825/carless_01.shtml

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Aside from the spelling errors found in it that threw off my reading (and i know i never spellcheck) this was a interesting read.

It still seems to me tht the easiest way to end item farming for the european and american markets would be to simply just bann or limit the number of foreign ip addresses connected to the NA or European servers. No asian farmers would easily cut the farming problem for us 3/4ths of the way, and as any economist would tell you, if the supply goes down the price goes up untill the market adjusts.