How to transfer a saved file from one PS3 to another without problems?

Eugenio

Obliviot
I am trying to transfer a saved file from my game from one PS3 to another via a USB. While the file itself has no problem and loads on the second PS3 effectly, the PS3 says that saved file does not belong to you therefore you can only play on it but cannot save over it OR save it as another file on the new PS3. Any way to solve this problem? Please help. Thanks!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
That's the game being difficult... plenty do that... you can't transfer the file directly, you have to use the backup utility in the system settings somewhere. You save the backup of the game data and then transfer it that way to a new PS3. It's silly and absurd, but that's the only way I know of.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I have heard of this before and for the life of me I do not know what third party program my friend had to use to get it to work. I know he had to hook up both drives in his PC to make a that happen, because he didn't want to mess around with hacking his PS3. If you are willing to install those into your PC I'm sure a quick Bing or Google search will help you find a utility that will do what you need, use at you're own risk though. (c;

To mitigate that sort of risk I usually try to find utilities that have youtube videos or very active forum boards and doing research into the kinds of problems others have run into with it, if there's a pattern and they don't fix it I usually move on. I have no personal experience with any program for a console to move save files around so sorry I can't be any more help, but hopefully this points you in the right direction.