Home Network

Drew

E.M.I.
I am looking into running my own wireless network at home, does anybody have any suggestions of good equipment i can buy. I was looking into Linksys, wireless router and cards just because they were the most popular home network choice for the money. But i was just wondering if anybody here had any other suggestions. Thanks for any input you could provide.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
I've had great success with the Netgear wireless routers!
I'm running one at home, works like a champ! Came up easy, configured easy, and has been reliable ever sense.

My only grip is that the antennae is not removeable, therefore not upgradeable to a higher gain antennae, increasing it's range.

Minor gripe though.

Highly recommended. I'm holding off on the Pre-N routers right now after a bad experience with 2 in a row. So now I use the Netgear that is SuperG compatable.

Fast enough for me!
:)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I personally own a Linksys Wireless-G router and I love it. They are easy to work with and reliable. I have worked with pretty much all the main name brands and they all work as they should as well. I like netgear too. When you set it up, make sure you setup WPA as opposed to WEP. WEP is good enough but easy to crack. If your like me and live in the imddle of the country on a farm, it doesnt really matter but if your in the city than you deffinately want to encrypt your shit. Should you need any help, I would be happy to walk you through the paces. It can be frustrating but its nice to know how to do it........just becuase :D

Last edited:

Drew

E.M.I.
Thanks for all the help

Iwould like to thank all the replied to my question regarding the home network. For the final product i chose the D-Link Air Plus Wireless G router. It is working great and was super easy to set up. Thanks to everone who contributed.

Drew

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I love D-Link. It's in-expensive and works well. I've never had a problem with them before, so good choice.