Hitler's Rant About the Nikon D3x

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
When people take a movie and add their own custom subtitles in an attempt to make us laugh, it can be hit or miss. In the case of a new video parodying the movie "Downfall", it's definitely a hit. Downfall is a movie that follows Hitler on the final twelve days of his life in the Führerbunker, and there's one particular sequence that people love to parody, and there's proof of this all over YouTube.

The video revolves around Hitler's whining about Nikon's latest D-SLR, the ultra-expensive D3x, a 24 megapixel offering which doesn't seem to greatly improve-upon the original D3 except in that area. Not for twice the price, at least. You may have to be a fan of cameras in order to enjoy the video, but probably not for all of it. It's easily the funniest piece of video I've seen in a while though.

Classic lines include, "Nikon is asking $8000 for a 24 megapixel SLR when Sony can make one for FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS less!!" and "Makes me wonder why the hell I went digital". If cameras aren't your thing, then you might better enjoy another parody that takes the same scene, but uses Windows Vista as the target. It's also quite funny, so both are worth taking a look. The quote below is from the Wikipedia article on the movie, and gives a outline of the particular scene.

hitler_nikon_d3x_120908.jpg

Hitler is discussing the situation with the generals. Outside, Junge still naively believes that General Felix Steiner will attack and save them. But she is wrong, as Steiner cannot mobilize enough men. Upon learning this, Hitler tells every one to leave the room except the four highest ranking generals present. Hitler then gives them a loud rebuke that can be heard by the people outside. Gerda begins to cry. When he has finished, Hitler states that he would prefer to shoot himself than to surrender.

Source: Hitler Rants about the Nikon D3x - YouTube Video