Heavenly Sword A Seven-Hour Taste Of Heaven?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
The highly-anticipated Heavenly Sword has finally been released for the PS3 and reviews are trickling in from all over. I took at look at GameSpots first, and I must say... it does look quite good. I played the demo last month though, and it didn't really leave the best taste in my mouth. Could the full game really be that much better? One particular gripe I had with the demo was the fact that it was done in under ten minutes. Now I know why... the full game can be beaten entirely in just under seven hours!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind short games if they are absolutely stellar, but it's still difficult to make an excuse for 6.5 hours worth of gameplay. Paying $10 an hour to play a game seems a little extreme. Regardless, Gamespot found the game had great presentation and enjoyed the fact that the game was never dull. Of course, it never really has a chance to be, does it? Given the ridiculously short gameplay, this one might be a rental for most.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
heavenly_sword_091307.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Add it all up and Heavenly Sword is a fantastic game from start to finish. It's just a shame that it's not longer. The developer made the wise decision to keep the action tight by not including any fetch quests or backtracking, but skilled players will probably finish the game in a little more than six hours, and it probably won't take longer than eight hours for anyone else.

Source: GameSpot