GT5 Prologue - Who has it?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
So... who all picked up GT5 Prologue? I downloaded it late last night, but wasn't able to give it a go until this afternoon. I do have to say that the download purchase experience was impressive. Despite being a 1.9GB download, it took no more than 90 minutes to fully download and install, so that's pretty impressive. What's not impressive was how long the initial update took...

I played through a few quick races and about five or six online races and so far, so good. The car selection is a little limited, but a few of my favorites are there, so I can't complain too much. The graphics... don't impress me much, as I feel both Forza 2 and PGR4 look better, but luckily, it's not all about the graphics.

It goes without saying, GT5 Prologue is the classiest racer you can pick up. It's UI is clean, it's DnB and lounge music is relaxing and the overall car sounds are good. No real complaints there so far.

I'm a little undecided on the online play. Some of the races I played through were rather clean, no real signs of lag. But some, wow, it's the stark opposite. The last race I played was the laggiest online experience I've ever had, but it wouldn't surprise me if one mischeivous player was actually tricking the system like so many do with Halo.

I began out the race in 11th place, and on the second lap, there was a sudden (due to lag) pileup. It was almost instantaneous, because the race was going fine for the most part, then within a second... huge pileup. Because of that, I managed to get into 2nd and was storming up to the finish line, when all of a sudden, two other cars barrel past me at 700MPH to put me in fourth.

I sure hope this is not we can expect with most online races! Of course in all fairness, this is using the WiFi ability, so if it continues to happen, I'll direct connect it to the router.

But all of that aside, so far so good. I am looking forward to putting some more time into it later this evening.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Down loaded games:

That's how I got Crysis from E A.
Also, they keep a copy for you for a year, just in case your machine goes down and loose everything.
I even go it the day before it was released to the public.

I'll check out that game later today.

I got the Free TrackMania Nations Forever through Steam ( Valve )
Just a simple road race game using arrow keys....fun for now.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Trackmania owns my soul. I am ranked under 4K in the world.

Time for some GT5 download action too........

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Merlin...b1lk1 (if you have nations...)...I'm ZMW_Jon if you care...I don't play it a lot but it is addicting :D