Grand Theft Auto: The Inside Story

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
There's little arguing over the fact that the Grand Theft Auto series is one of the best of all time, for more than one reason. GTA III, GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas all offered a huge world to explore, resulting in some amazing gameplay experiences. When you can have a lot of fun in a game without even focusing on the main storyline, it's a superb title.

Edge have published part one of their rather sizable look inside the GTA series, with the help of an interview with Rockstar Games' president Sam Houser. If you are fan of the series, you owe it to yourself to read through this article, as it very well could help you appreciate the series even more.

The entire article will consist of two parts, although the second hasn't been posted (it should have been on Sun). The first is a whopper, though, at almost 6,000 words. Don't let the word count scare you. Although I like the series, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the article.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
sam_houser_edge_031608.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
"I think what was very special about the GTA III development process – and it's something we still cling on to – was the fact that ideas would come into the game from anywhere and everywhere in the company; it was the son of so many great minds and opinions and attitudes and energies, and everybody was just throwing it in the pot."

Source: Next-Generation, Via: CrunchGear