Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Hits 1 Million Euro Pre-Orders

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Sure, it's no big surprise. In fact, we knew this would happen, but it's cooler when it's official. The upcoming GT5 Prologue has hit over one million pre-orders in Europe. From what I gather, pre-orders from other PAL regions are included in this number. An impressive feat, but again, not much of a surprise since the game should prove to be a must-own for the PS3.

Personally, I cannot wait. For one thing, the game will offer its graphics in gorgeous 1080p, and for the first time we will be able to hop in many new cars, including the both a 2007 BMW M3 and 135i Coupé, in addition to the 2007 Nissan GT-R, a 2000 color-changing TVR Tuscan Speed Six... and not to mention the introduction of Ferrari with the 599 and F430!

The game will be released in North America on April 17th, while the lucky blokes in Europe will be treated to a March 28th launch. If NA follows Europe and Japan, then the game will both be offered as a downloadable game or store-bought Blu-ray version.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
gran_turismo_5_prologue_031908.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
The upcoming Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for PlayStation 3 has already reached a milestone, with SCEE confirming the title has reach one million in European pre-orders. That pretty much assures the racer of hitting platinum status within its first week of release.

Source: Joystiq

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Outside of my monitor, I don't have a high definition television to enjoy this at 1080p but that said, this is the game that might make me purchase a PS3. Really looking forward to its release.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When it comes to purchasing a high-definition console, I truly recommend considering a 1080p television purchase first. It's been said a thousand times, but it's true... there is no comparison. The largest issue with standard-def TVs is the overall game brightness. Games appear far darker than they should (simple brightness change doesn't fix this) and as a result, it's much harder on the eyes to look at. HOWEVER, I do know that you've used your Xbox 360 on a standard def, so if it didn't bother you, then don't let me change your mind.

That said, although a computer monitor is not the best solution either, I'd highly recommend using the Dell over a standard-def television. At least this way, the colors would be fair and the brightness would be accurate. The downside of the monitor is that colors can blotch and bleed (something the XHD3000 takes care of because of the scaler chip), but it would still be far better than a standard-def TV, in my opinion (and many others).

Whew. &lt;/lecture&gt;

And yes, this game is going to be immaculate.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
HOWEVER, I do know that you've used your Xbox 360 on a standard def, so if it didn't bother you, then don't let me change your mind.

Thanks for that. You made some points there and I would love to get a HD TV but realistically, a PS3 would make me happier. I can play HD games on my large (and unforgivingly heavy 32 inch CRT )TV but a HD TV wont play Gran Turismo.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I recently aquired a PS3 with this game specifically in mind. My TV only goes up to 1080i, but it still looks incredible to me. I have been playing the demo that you can download from Sony and I for one will be buying this game the day it is available.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks for that. You made some points there and I would love to get a HD TV but realistically, a PS3 would make me happier. I can play HD games on my large (and unforgivingly heavy 32 inch CRT )TV but a HD TV wont play Gran Turismo.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting that a television would play a console game. But if you plan to pick up another high-definition console just to play a certain game, you deserve an HDTV :)

I recently aquired a PS3 with this game specifically in mind. My TV only goes up to 1080i, but it still looks incredible to me. I have been playing the demo that you can download from Sony and I for one will be buying this game the day it is available.

That demo doesn't have much to do with GT5 Prologue except for the name, which is fine because I found that demo to be totally lackluster. Granted, it was designed as a concept, so it's all good.