Gran Turismo 5 - Forever

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
No surprise here, Gran Turismo 5 has been further delayed from the November 2nd release date, the now umpteenth delay for the GT5 release. While Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi will often cite 'perfection' as the excuse, it'll only get you so far. GT5 Prologue was released way back in 2007 and nearly 4 years later, we are still without the full release.
gt5_400_101410.jpg
Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
They are still saying that it will be out for the holiday season. I know it only takes a couple of weeks to stamp out discs and get them to the retailers but Christ, What code changes are you going to make in a couple of weeks that can't simply be patched? Get that damned game out the door! I have a comet gray Atenza to trick out and race.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Some interesting information for all of you... the delay may be related to the PS3 hack that's finding it's way into thousands of tricked out USB devices. GT5 was set to go gold (master disc made), but Sony decided to preload it with the 3.50 firmware as to prevent the use of the USB Hack. This threw off the original manufacture time, so they had to get another print run sorted for the 7 million (!!) copies required. Original post was taken down, but you can read a summary...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-14-gt5-delay-due-to-ps3-hack

So those that didn't update to save the 'Other OS' feature, will be out of luck if you want to play GT5. :(

Of course... pinch of salt people...

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I won't be buying this one unless Sony wants to give me a free PS3 so that I don't have to update my old one. Pitty, I was looking forward to it.