Got a simple question...

madstork91

The One, The Only...
My mother board has a 4 pin slot for the proc heatsink but the heatsink only has a 3 pin power slot...

I know it sounds stupid to some of you oc'n crowd but how do you deal?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I assume you mean for the heatsink fan. There are also multiple types of 4-Pin power connections, but is most likely a Molex connector which you can plug in the same was as a hard drive, or the smaller one which there are four of on your mobo.

SO.. did your heatsink come with a 3-Pin to 4-Pin adapter?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
nope... so where can i find one?

also the hdd isnt a 24 pin.. its some sort of flat plug... So anyone know where i can get something to still hook it up?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Are you able to take pictures so I know exactly what you mean?

HDD's don't use 24-Pin, they use 4-Pin molex connectors, or the S-ATA drives use the flat plug which would be available on the PSU.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
i have the power to the hdd... get on AIM JOU FOO!

i just figured out the s-ata bit but ive never usedonw of those... any hlp wouldbe nice. Im assuming i plug it into s ata 1 but there arnt any of the size that is on the hdd... (unless its the smaller one.) GET ON AIM

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm not coming on AIM, I'm busy :p

The S-ATA power connector from the PSU will fit into the HDD *somehow* :p

madstork91

The One, The Only...
after talking with mat i got it all figured out. No problem ;-p

oh i see how it is.. no love for the stork on aim :(

but na im about to make my first boot with a screen here in a sec wish me luck :-D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's no love for the 15 other people that will message me. It's hard to work, *cough play lineage* with a lot of messages.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
hey man if you could get on some way and talk to me i really need help... this thing isnt booting at all and i know there is power to the mobo, and cd drive... the only things i cant confirm for absolute sure is the hdd and the video cards