Googles April Fools joke for this year apparently.... already uploaded?

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Okay some people wanna say the US think its the center of the Universe? No we just think its the 31st when other places are the 1st... not the 30th the day this video was uploaded..... Maybe i missed something there.

Introducing Google Maps 8 bit for the NES Google Maps 8-bit for NES - YouTube

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rznYifPHxDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy, Best part is as they say in the video you can go to google maps and hit quest in the top right corner and actually play with google maps in 8 bit.

no clue why i can not get the embed to work on this site. Have i reached my daily limit? lol

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I give Google major props for using Dragon Warrior as the base for this gag and not some other more popular series. DW1 was a masterpiece of a game and I am glad they chose to feature it.

As for embed, use the "old embed code". You might then need to post a second time for it to show up (vBulletin bug, I reckon).

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Dragon Warrior I is the best NES game I ever played. There were many that I loved, many that I still find the magic in, but Dragon Warrior sucked me in and never let me go.

Also Captain Skyhawk.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I admit that I didn't actually watch that video until today, but I gotta say, it's epic. Seriously. When the TV started going nuts and they blew into the cartridge, I laughed hard.

The funny thing is, this product could actually work. I am not sure many people would want it, though.