GOG.com to Offer Newer Games Beginning in 2012

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It used to be that there were only a few digital game stores to choose from, but today, that's obviously not the case. In fact, there are so many of these services out there today, that it's difficult for any one of them to separate themselves from the rest. Of them all, though, GOG.com has done a great job at distancing itself as much as possible by doing two things: offering classic games, and offering them in a DRM-free way.

gog_111711.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

marfig

No ROM battery
Makes me happy they are doing this. I always worried about the financial viability of GoG. After all, there's so much one can sell of old games. I never felt a wind of imminent trouble from them, but the thought never left my mind that their business plan was volatile.

Knowing they'll keep selling old games is the thing that makes me happy. They could be selling Justin Bieber CDs for all I care :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree. And if I can get some great games from the past three years at a better price than Steam offers, I sure won't complaint. The DRM-free likeness of these things would make the purchase all the more sweeter.