Go Arsenal!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Those who follow soccer know that the Champions League and English Premier League are two of the most popular leagues in the world (I believe EPL is #1, or #2 at most). Well, Arsenal yesterday played a game against AC Milan and it was by far one of the best football games I have ever witnessed.

The entire game was tense, with Arsenal holding the ball the majority of the time. After 80 minutes of countless attempts at goals, Fabregas came out of nowhere with a long shot and actually goaled with a ball that Milan GK Kalac in no way saw coming. To make things even sweeter, Adebayor completely ended Milan's plans to stay in the Champion's League this year, by making his first CL goal at the 92' mark.

It was also the first time an English team beat them on their home ground.

It's a huge year for Arsenal because last season was far less than desirable, ending up in 5th place in the EPL table. The fact that Thierry Henry (now with Barca) was injured half the season sure didn't help team morale. But this year is a completely different story. There have been rough patches, but they've continued to kick ass, especially with the help of Adebayor, who has had a serious knack for putting the ball in the net this season.

If things go well, Arsenal have a chance at winning both the UEFA and EPL. I won't of course get any hopes up, because we all know what can happen at the last minute (Patriots, anyone?). But it's exciting nonetheless.