Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (rev 1)

SpOoK

Obliviot
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have a Thermaltake Armor Series Chasis. I am just not sure about how to connect the wires from the top panel for the 2 usb and ports, the Ear Mic section, and the IEEE Firewire port (eventhough I dont use firewire really).

The manuals not too clear about where to connect these.

If anyone can maybe point me to some better diagrams or help me out in some other way. Thanks a lot.

MakubeX

Partition Master
Are you looking at the motherboard's manual or the case's manual. Because the motherboard's manual is the one you should be looking at.

MakubeX

Partition Master
USBs at the bottom, "Ear Mic" where it says "Audio" and it looks like this mobo doesn't have Firewire.

03f7ad66.jpg

SpOoK

Obliviot
*forgot to mention this is the first time i try do anything to a comp other than add vid card ... my first time building one*

MakubeX that diagram u posted with the usb section at the bottom; of course i looked at that, but the only thing i wasnt sure about is that the pins there for each header are different from the connection at the end of the wires from the chasis ...

each of the 4 headers on the mobo has 2 rows of pins (one with 4 pins n the other with a missing pin) .. the connector from the chasis is one row of 4 holes

in the mobo manual all it says is that each header can support 2 USB port (so 12 in all if u include the 4 onboard ports) via a usb bracket (dont quite know what to do with that information to be very honest) ...

so basically what i was hopin can do (but sounds to easy) is to simply connect the two usb conectors i have for each of the ports on the front panel using two headers and only using the row of pins with 4 (and basically ignoring the row with a missing pin)

not sure if thats right tho .. is it? (sorry long post)

SpOoK

Obliviot
o and yea didnt think the mobo had firewire either, but i wasnt sure if maybe i was just missing something ...

not upset; have never used it anyway

MakubeX

Partition Master
Not quite right about the USB. You must connect both, the one without the hole missing and the one with the hole missing, one under the other. As you can see all the USB headers have a pin missing, that spot corresponds to the missing hole part of the connector. Then connect the corresponding connector with no holes missing under the one with the hole missing.

SpOoK

Obliviot
yea what you're saying makes sense except for the one thing ...

just to recap there's 2 usb ports on the front panel each port has its own wires with a connector at the end (one's labeled USB 2.0 1 and the other is USB 2.0 2)

each connector has only one row of 4 pins; there's nothing else to connect on the row underneath it with the missing pin ... its jus 4 holes on the connector

dont know if thats any different (or clearer) than what i said before lol not really sure how else to explain it if im not sayin it right

MakubeX

Partition Master
Ok, both cables go into one USB header. One connector under the other. One of them has to have 5 holes. If both have just 4 holes then there's something wrong.

Look at this pic. This is from ThechGage's review of the Armor:

dcc62ed6.jpg

See the USB connector in the red circle. It has 5 holes.

SpOoK

Obliviot
o wow .. when i posted i wasnt looking at the connector (could have sworn it was 4) so i jus plug them both into one header .. is there one specific way to put them in cause neither them have a blank spot for that missing pin

also the other question i had was about the power supply ... i have OCZ 700W psu; there's 2 wires with 6 4pin connectors (3 on each wire) ... at the end of each wire it has a 4 hole connector on it (one sayd P7 the other says P11) ..

duno where to plug that into; im guessin it goes to the mobo but i duno where

MakubeX

Partition Master
Yes, there's a specific way to connect them. Guide yourself by the following two images below to know how to connect them. If you can't figure it out just connect them however you think is right and if it doesn't work then switch them.

USB Instructions from your motherboard's manual:
8b9f3980.jpg

USB Instructions from your Case's manual:
f9babe36.jpg

About the PSU:

Don't plug those (P7 and P11) to the mobo. Those are for powering floppy drives and other peripherals that have that kind of plug (like the front panel of the X-Fi Fatalilty Sound Cards for example). If you don't need them just don't plug them anywhere.

Here's the link to the review: http://techgage.com/article/thermaltake_armor_va8000b/