GIGABYTE Force M9 ICE Wireless Mouse Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
GIGABYTE is an industry giant, offering a countless number of products in multiple categories. The Force M9 ICE is one of its latest wireless mice, and endowed with "gaming mouse" styling, it seems to promise much. As you might have guessed, we put one through its paces to see just what it can deliver.

Read through J.D.'s look at GIGABYTE's Force M9 ICE wireless mouse and then discuss it here!

T

Token

This mouse is literally a Gigabyte m8000x with the cord cut off. The right button that is so annoyingly useless to you is the button for switching profiles on the other mice. One thing Gigabyte is good at is getting a good cost savings from using a previous models mold. I have the m8000x and it is a great mouse and I could see the force M9 ice being just as good.

One question I do have though is, what was the battery life like? were you able to kill the batteries in the review time or were the still going strong?

Big Red Machine

Hellfire and Brimstone
Staff member
This mouse is literally a Gigabyte m8000x with the cord cut off. The right button that is so annoyingly useless to you is the button for switching profiles on the other mice. One thing Gigabyte is good at is getting a good cost savings from using a previous models mold. I have the m8000x and it is a great mouse and I could see the force M9 ice being just as good.

One question I do have though is, what was the battery life like? were you able to kill the batteries in the review time or were the still going strong?

Hi Token.

The battery life is pretty good, I must say. I've had the mouse for about two weeks now and I've had it on the whole time. So far the batteries are still going pretty strong.

I really wanted to like the Force M9 ICE despite the button feel (I can overlook the right button completely), but the cursor skip/freeze issue was the straw that broke the camel's back. I still don't know what the reason is for that kind of behavior, but I've spoken to a couple of friends who have used wireless mice more extensively than I have. They said that it's a problem not unique to this mouse; if anything, similar issues were what made them switch back to wired models.

Thanks again for your comment.s :)

U

Unregistered

This mouse is something people should avoid at all costs.
It is a cheap Chinese plastic thing, that only looks nice (actually from the bottom it doesnt), and every part of it is made out of worst plastic parts I have ever stumbled upon. I had it for a week, and threw it in the garbage.
My scroll doesnt work anymore, its precision is far below the cheapest wireless mouse from Logitech, the thing that closes batteries is awful, hard to close, but easy to break, batteries connectors are like in cheap Chinese radio players, cursor jumps from a location to a location, the plastic below has an edge which will rip the surface of your mouse pad...... and so on, and so on.
The worth of this thing is not more than 3€, for 30€ it is a classic robbery.
As far as I am concerned (and the company I work for, I'm an IT manager), nothing with Gigabyte on it will enter our offices ever again.