GameStop to Sell Tablets at 1,600 Stores

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's official: GameStop is selling Android tablets. Last fall, the company did a soft roll-out to 200 of its stores, and based on the feedback received from that, it seems that expanding the selection to 1,600 of its stores (about 1/4th of the total at last check) is a good idea. As tablets aren't commonly known to be gaming devices, GameStop is pre-bundling select titles as an added bonus, and also sells special bundles that includes a game controller (we haven't been able to figure out which one).

acer_iconia_7_051512.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
They wont sell PC Games but they will sell tablets?!? I do not comprehend the logic here.....

Kayden

Tech Monkey
They don't sell PC games? It's been a while since I've actually looked around a GameStop.

They quit selling PC games back in 05 or 06 I think in my local GameStop in Rapid City SD, they will only sell AAA titles on release day, that is it, but that isn't selling PC games it's trying to make a quick buck on a hyped title. Now that I am back here in Cali, still no PC games so it must have been a nationwide thing to not sell PC games in brick and mortar stores.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmm, I gotta check out a GameStop near here soon and see if that's the same case. Last I checked, a couple of years ago, our GameStop still had a ton of PC games. It's obviously on a location-by-location basis, but dumb if it means a store has none.

For me personally it just doesn't matter. I'd buy from Steam unless there was some super-amazing perk that I could only get through GameStop.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Pretty much why I went to Steam as my primary source for video games, and why I no longer go into a GameStop store unless I have to. Like with my SWTOR Coll Ed, but that was online.