Game Developers Choice Award Nominees Listed

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I am not an awards buff... and gaming awards are no exception. If I like a game, then good... I don't care if it gets an award or not. But I could be a hypocrite, because I am somehow intrigued by awards for games voted on by game developers themselves. That tends to mean one thing... the results are truly deserving. Or, there is a lot of ass-kissing going on in the game industry.

There are a total of ten categories, including Best Visual Art, Best Debut and of course, the Game of the Year. This years nominees for GotY is BioShock, Call of Duty 4, Portal, Rock Band and Super Mario Galaxy. All of those are great titles... but I am quite sure Portal has an amazing chance of walking away with the award. The winners will be announced during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco late next month. We'll be there, and will post the results once available.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
gamedeveloperschoiceawards_012408.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Valve's Portal and 2K Boston/Australia's BioShock lead the nominees for the eighth annual Game Developers Choice Awards with five nominations each, including the coveted Game of the Year title, organizers have announced. The Game of the Year category also includes Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4, which follows with four nominations and, with both games receiving two nominations each, Harmonix's Rock Band and Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy.

Source: Game Choice Awards, Via: Joystiq

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Love Portal,
But it reminds me of being married, that inticing voice to lure you out into the open, only to be shot down by an automatic weapon.

Now, I'm waiting for Far Cry 2

Merlin ( still single )

Last edited: