Galaxy Offers Wireless GeForce GTX 460 Graphics Card

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
There are a billion different reasons why having a high-end gaming PC is awesome, but the most common downside is the noise that such a machine can generate. It's one thing to be enjoying the latest and greatest titles in their high-detailed glory, but it's another to have to resort to cranking up the volume because all you can hear is the whirring of your PC.

galaxy_whdi_gpu_011611.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
That's freaking crazy!

I'm starting to like the idea already though... hopefully they aren't exaggerating with those range numbers, but I'd take them with a grain of salt at first. I'd also worry about interference... that is a literal ton of data to be pumping out wirelessly!

Just thinking about it... a single link DVI cable is maxed out at a 1920x1200 resolution, dual-link DVI is required to go higher. A single link DVI tops out at about 4Gbit/s. Wireless G by comparison is 54Mbit/s.... I'm going to guess they are compressing the data heavily before transmitting with realtime decoding on the receiver. Which leads to my next questions.... what is the display response lag time introduced by this, and does it even support two-way communication that would be required for HDCP support, etc?

Last edited: