G R I D racing

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Just got GRID yesterday and it's awesome, if you like racing games.
The graphicss are as real as the real thing.
I got to rooky after I damaged my car so bad.
The first time loaded, it play jerky on the graphics, I check my system and all was good. So I uninstalled and loaded again onto one of the other drives. Then I could play normally.
I still dont know why, but it works fine now.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Dam, it started again, getting 3 frames per 5 sec, thats right, really slow frame rate....so I tried it on the other machine and saame thing....
I'll go to the grid forums and see whats going on...
It's great when it plays right

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Texture rate was, by default set to max, once I got into the settings and reset everything, it works fine.
Talk about Drifting?....just tap the spacebar before a turn, hit the gas and drift away.
I'm really enjoying this game.
Good thing I dont have to pay for car insurance though.

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I might consider this one for benchmarking. NFS: Pro Street is a boring game and doesn't even support 2560x1600, so we need a replacement.

Played the demo not long ago on the PS3 and it was pretty solid.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
If I had any time at all to play this game, I would totally pick it up. Might have to dig out the wheel and give it a go. Good to hear your loving it Merlin.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
If I had any time at all to play this game, I would totally pick it up. Might have to dig out the wheel and give it a go. Good to hear your loving it Merlin.
I just might get a force feedback wheel this week end.
Any recomendations?

Merlin the Drift King

Last edited:

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Bang for the buck = G25. It is awesome.

As far as setups go, some of the guys I've raced with take it just a little serious...
complete1.jpg

tm_rig.jpg

attachment.php

There's also an 8" LCD touchscreen that can be used for commands such as changing the ingame telemetry/LCD screen, camera angle, seat adjustments, miror adjustments, you get the picture

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Bang for the buck = G25. It is awesome.

As far as setups go, some of the guys I've raced with take it just a little serious...

There's also an 8" LCD touchscreen that can be used for commands such as changing the ingame telemetry/LCD screen, camera angle, seat adjustments, miror adjustments, you get the picture
WOW. now thats a setup
I looked at the MOMO and then I sw that quite a few were using the G25

Cant wait :0

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I remember BioShock having this problem with Securom.
If I stopped to check out the security on the game GRID, I dont think I would have bought it.
Now I can't play the game because of the security.
Keeps saying the game is already running....everyone is posting about this problem...and I assure anyone I did buy this game.
I have a Logitech G25 on the way now I wont be able to play until Codemasters fixes the problem.
Masters of the Code, render your solution

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Finally Working Again

I had to rewrite some codes in the xml files to get it to work again.
I guess I hacked :D

Dont tell anyone.....K?

I'm setting up to record the screen with Fraps and then edit with Virtua Dub.
Add a little music ....driving music and then post to YouTube.

Stay tuned

( I get my G25 Monday )
This driving with up....down...left...right keys a b*t*h
I really like the game, it's just all the hassles you dont normally have.
I'm giving the grid forum hell about it

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Anyone use this game on an ATI card under Vista 64-bit? It's so aggrovating. I had the HD 3870 X2 installed, and the game wouldn't run well at all. I estimate that it was running at about 1/5th of an FPS. I then installed an HD 4850 and it ran well for a few minutes, then slowed RIGHT down, again, to 1/5th of an FPS.

I disabled Catalyst AI, but it still runs sluggish... it didn't help at all. I should mention I haven't tested an NVIDIA card yet, but I'd find it hard to believe that it wouldn't run better. I'm blaming the ATI drivers right now.

I'll find out tomorrow if that's unfounded.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Anyone use this game on an ATI card under Vista 64-bit? It's so aggrovating. I had the HD 3870 X2 installed, and the game wouldn't run well at all. I estimate that it was running at about 1/5th of an FPS. I then installed an HD 4850 and it ran well for a few minutes, then slowed RIGHT down, again, to 1/5th of an FPS.

I disabled Catalyst AI, but it still runs sluggish... it didn't help at all. I should mention I haven't tested an NVIDIA card yet, but I'd find it hard to believe that it wouldn't run better. I'm blaming the ATI drivers right now.

I'll find out tomorrow if that's unfounded.
My Settings
Resolution 1024 X 768
Refresh 61
Multisampling Level 7
Vsync OFF
Aspect Normal
Gama 1.0

Merlin
I had the same issue, thinking I could run anything if I could run Crysis on High settings.
So, in graphics settings, I kept changing till it worked fast
I'm running one 8800GT

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Ya might give a Nvidia card a shot, I've been told GRID is one of the more demanding games for a GPU. I don't have it myself to test though, sorry.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Ya might give a Nvidia card a shot, I've been told GRID is one of the more demanding games for a GPU. I don't have it myself to test though, sorry.
Oh, It is demanding...alright
What I play other games at, this one I turn off most graphic settings.
Like Crysis....I overclocked the E8400 to 3.7 @ 435 FSB and played at very high settings.
Not with Grid, but still it has great graphics, maybe one day I can turn up the settings.

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Got home late from work, and my G25 was waiting for me ( forgot to eat dinner ).
It was fairly easy to set up and all kinds of buttons to setup for each game.
It comes with a Demo of rFactor (kind of greasy after playing Grid )
I'm spoiled now.
Anyone else setting up I have some starter settings inside Grid for the G25
Adjust to your taste

Steering Deadzone........................ ...5%
"" "" Saturation........................100%
"" "" Linerity ............................10.0
Acceleration Pedal Deadzone ............25%
"" "" " Saturation.......... 90%
Brake Pedal Deadzone .................... 40%
"" "" "" Saturation ...................100%
And the Force Feedback is excellent, very realistic

I'm really pleased with the whole setup

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's demanding, I'll agree, but it still should run better on an ATI card. I tested on an 8800 GT earlier and it ran fine. I've decided I can't benchmark with it though... it's just too complicated. There is no way I could replicate or even come close to replicating a run over and over, like I can with NFS.

It would make a nice timedemo test to replace the Enemy Territory one we use now though. If a timedemo in that game is possible, I'd use it there. Far too difficult to use for real-world testing though.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Man, This is Sweet.
With the G25 I have had several races in first place.
I havent played HalfLife Deathmatch in several days.
My buddies are calling leaving messeges.
To be good in the game, you Have to use something to drive the cars. And the three fingers on arrow keys are funky.

I have it all set up on the Quad machine, I'll change over to the CoreDuo in a few days.
The Quad core machine does great video editing, now to reduce the size to get a few more up to YouTube.

Merlin
__-_-_------_-_--_- Gone Racing_-

Last edited: