Fresh PSP and PS3 Bundles En Route

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
As much as Sony is hated, I have to disagree with anyone who says they don't do anything cool in the console market. I admit that I am somewhat of a Playstation 3 and PSP fanboy, even though none of it has to do with the current games that are released for either. I am a big fan of classic gaming, and being able to do that on both is fantastic. Converting movies to the PSP and watching them on the go is another one of my favorite features.

But none of that is what matters. God of War for the PSP is almost out and because of it, there is a special edition PSP, dark red in color. The color is being disputed all over the net, but it looks great in my opinion. This special edition PSP will retail for $199 and include the movie Superbad and a voucher to download Syphon Filter: Combat Ops off of the Playstation Store. Sounds like a sweet deal.

In other news, Metal Gear Solid 4's launch will coincide with a special edition PS3. Retailing for $499, the 80GB model will also include a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless game pad... something we've been waiting for since launch, especially since there is supposedly 100 compatible PS3 games. The game pad launches in April, for $54.99USB.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
psp_red_022708.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).

Source: Playstation Blog