Free Games Courtesy of EA and Ubisoft

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news:
If you happen to be in the mood for gaming this week but are strapped for cash, no worries as both EA and Ubisoft have got you covered. This past week, Ubisoft released four titles absolutely free: Far Cry, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Rayman Raving Rabbids. Free is good, but there is a catch. Each one of them is ad-supported and requires you have an Ubi.com account. That's fine, but what hurts is the fact that these games are only available to US players.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
farcry_large_box_090307.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
There are more releases that everyone can enjoy though, courtesy of Electronic Arts. Last Friday marked the 12th anniversary of the first Command and Conquer game, so to celebrate, EA has released the game for free, including both the Global Defence Initiative and also Brotherhood of Nod versions. I remember playing these games when they were new. Multiplayer happened by dialing into your friends machine. Good times, but now I suddenly feel old...

Here are a few Gamers Hell links for the games. This is not the only website to host them, but was the first I stumbled on.

MakubeX

Partition Master
Awesome, I saw a post on another forum about C&C being free, but I didn't know all those games were.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Well. Yes, they are free....but you have McDonalds commercials in the game...lol
Can you image just taking the level fort and then seeing a Big Mac commercial?
Merlin

MakubeX

Partition Master
Well. Yes, they are free....but you have McDonalds commercials in the game...lol
Can you image just taking the level fort and then seeing a Big Mac commercial?
Merlin
LoL, really? You mean actual commercials? Not just ads placed around the game?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I believe it's ads just pasted around the game. And if anyone dislikes them that much, just pony up the $10 to pick it up at most B&M or game stores. Far Cry especially can be found anywhere on the cheap.

abryzak

Obliviot
One thing to note is that the Ubisoft games require your ubi.com account to be registered with USA as the country. If you're not from the USA, you can simply go into your account settings and change the country.

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
The ads really aren't that bad, easily ignored and beats paying $10 for each of the awesome titles (that are now in bargain bins)!