FONV Mods.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Recently FONV got a new DLC Honest Hearts and with that I decided to finish Dead Money. A friend of mine who is a Fallout fanatic brought to my attention a few mods that he favored and that ppl put a lot of time into.

The first one A World Of Pain Description: Adds 95 intense locations to the wasteland filled with enemies and loot. They vary from small Gas Stations to huge maze-like sewers and derelict factories. Adds several days of new gameplay possibilities. A massive new linked Underground complex awaits filled with quests, NPCs with dialogue, vendors and some of the toughest enemies you will encounter anywhere in the game. Also adds many modified weapons, armors and items to the game with enhanced stats to help and hinder you throughout. (more on the web page)

The second one Monster Mod there isn't really a brief description on his page there but it add 116 more monsters and some new weapons.

These two mods go hand in hand providing a more varied experience. The place to pick up the new quests for WOP is in Goodspring's new location Ammo Shop, it's pretty easy to find. It also includes a house for you purchase as well, check out the basement you wont be disappointed. (c;

There is one other MOD that I have to mention to you folks if you have not all ready installed it. I have had it installed since almost day 1 and it is the MTUI for Fallout: New Vegas what this does in short in short is expands the dialogue box so you can see more of your options with out having to scroll down as much.

Enjoy revisiting the Mojave. (c:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
New Vegas is a game I've been wanting to play for a while, but as soon as I get close to loading it up, another game will come along or something will happen where I just don't. It's one of those games that involves a massive time-sink, so it's been tough sitting down to load up a game that I know will require a hundred hours or more before I feel satisfied (a great thing but a curse at the same time, hah!)

That first mod is amazing... talk about a lot of content being added. If mods like those are available this soon after launch, just imagine one year from now, or even further into the future...

Will definitely be referencing this thread once I get down to playing :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I forgot about to add a few mod that I use and I get yelled at by the same friend who told me about the two previous mods but hey I don't care.

The first one raises the Level cap to 100, the initial level cap is 30 and if you get both DLC it's 40 total. Well I'm in the new DLC Honest Hearts and I'm 50 does this break the game no, does it make it unbalanced no, does it over power you okay yes in a few ways it does cause you can max your char but really I hate hitting a dead end in RPGs.

The second one is Goacbcs Freeplay after MQ. Odd title isn't it? What does this mean for you? Well what it means is that when you complete the game your journey is not over! That's right the original game ended the game when you made that final choice and you couldn't continue what so ever. With this mod it takes you back to a hotel and you can continue the journey in the Mojave....

The third one is Unlimited Companions. Who doesn't like friends? Well I do and I think you should have more then 1, I think you should have 3 to be honest. Will this make the game too easy? Not if you put it on hard and on hardcore mode, heck no it wont. I also believe in having more gear with you because you have to repair your gun so often and finding ammo can be so very hard, especially when you have to travel every by foot with your own previsions. Seriously when was the last time you saw some only have one friend in a desert on foot with no horse or base of operations? I just say if you can have back up best to bring enough to carry the food, weapons and ammo.

EDIT: Rob since you haven't played it before or for anyone else who hasn't please take this advice and follow it save A LOT. The game will crash, it will crash when you least expect even if you do not MOD it. This is the same engine that they used for Oblivion and FO3 and they still haven't been able to fix the crashing so save A LOT.

-=END OF LINE=-

Last edited: