Folding@Home

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Just use the same exact user name. As long as you are the only person using that name on the specified team then the credit for completed WU's goes to you. Capitalization, spaces, etc need to be identical and most symbols won't work either. For example I'm the only "Kougar" on team 41608, Bjorn3D's team, so all I use is my name and team ID when configuring new F@H clients. If you switch names (or teams) you can't take your previously completed points with you, like I have a bunch I folded for Anandtech when I first started folding...

If you are folding but not on a team then you are going to be on a huge list of donor names for team "0"... if you want to join a team we'll take ya! ;) Good place for personal, team, and overal stats is http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ but there are many others.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You might want to consider just joining another team Merlin, unless you plan on recruiting more people or want the team to be all to yourself. Usually it's just easier to join another already-established team.