Flash Sticks

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Ive herd mixed things... Can they hold high quality music well?

I was told that they couldn't by computer store nerds, but then again ive heard they can. Discuss...

Mike Delorme

Obliviot
Well with any computer part you buy, the more you spend the better quality your going to get. Like say you get a Seagate HD, its cona crash way before a western digital hard drive would (sorry Rob :))

Same thing applies to Flash Drives. If you egt one of those chepo 12$ 128mb flash drives, its not gona have good quality, even with regular files. However, I spent about $105 on my PNY 512MB and it seems to hold and transfer music very well.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
$105 for 512mb? I saw one with like 2 gig... hrmm... I think this needs lil looking into. I was jsut hoping for a quick answer.

Edit:

In the news topics today I ran across this after posting... GeIL iBALL MPV (MP3 Plus Video) Player Video Review @ 3D Gameman

It would be interesting to learn weather or not you can upload from the mp3 player to a computer... But even if you could, 1.1 sux.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've never had a certain brand I liked more than another.. there are just so many.

I find that they look warn out quicker than the storage capacity becomes obsolete. I would just look up on Newegg, TigerDirect or some other online retailer, pick a size you want, and buy it.

Will Nave

E.M.I.
I store mp3's on my 128Mb cheapo flash drive at work and play from it all the time, no real quality issues either. Pick up a cheap one from Walmart, test it out, and if you dont' like the sound return it and buy a better one. Just tell the moron in Walmart Electronics it isn't compatible with your legacy USB 1.1... :twisted:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
LMAO! na i was refering to the tech at places such as fry's and best buy... Firned have also told me horror stories (though those were a few years ago)

I think ill take your advice though... (be smarter than the 13 yr old at wally world)