FireFox Profile

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Today I was using FireFox no problem, have been for the past few months. I decided to go ahead and check for any new extension updates. Finding none I closed it and went about playing some DoD. I got out of it to check on the forums here and found that FF had pretty much reset itself. I don't have a clue as to how this happend. All of my browser preferences had reset yet the extensions and all were still there. I don't really care about that, it all is working fine now. I just want my window size back. I set it to the size I want then close, like I did before, and when I re-open it the window is back to the default size. I've poured over the browser preferences and can't find where to set the window size.

I also have lost the search function of the search bar. The bar is there but when I put in a line nothing happens. I uninstalled FF deleted the program folder and other assorted files then restarted my pc. I downloaded it again and reinstalled. When I opened FF up all of my extensions and theme had been loaded. Wtf? I was hoping doing that would let me fix it but to no avail. HELP PLX!

Jag

Obliviot
I had a similar problem with an extension's settings. I had to uninstall it completely from add/remove programs to fix it.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Bah, it looks like you will need to start over from scratch, because it's a problem with your profile. To test things out, go to your Firefox profile folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

In there you will see another directory with a defunked name .default. Take that folder and move it to the desktop. If you want, delete the entire Firefox folder from this area.

Uninstall the program and re-install and see if you still have any problems.