Finally just ordered my new system.

leecho7

Partition Master
I know I've been talking about for the past century and a half, but I finally ordered my parts to beef up my system to a 64bit processor. I'm pretty much getting an entirely new system, except for my memory... I'm still going to be using the same old Crucial Micron PC2700 1gig (2x512), which I will eventually upgrade later, and I'm gonna still use my Maxtor 300gig harddrive.

AMD Athlon 64 3700 San Diego
Antec Smart Power 500w Power SUpply
Asus A8N5X Socket 939 nForce 4 mobo
Cooler Master Centurion case
XFX 6800 Xtreme PCI Express 256mb with 350MHZ core clock and 1000MHX Memclock.

I will eventually upgrade my memory to 2 gigs of something decent, and might get a better fan/heatsink for my processor if it's necessary.
And if it calls for it, I'll probably get a better mobo with true SLI support and get 2x 7900GT's in SLI, and eventually get a X2 4400 Toledo.

Anyone know a decent place to get round ide/floppy cables?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Decent build... but it aint nothing compared to what ill have in 20 years... o.0 you could even call it old school by then.

HAHA! na Thats a serious build mayne, I hope you get to make the final upgrades soon.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Good to hear you finally got in the 64-bit market man. That's a strong build and it'll hit some decent numbers for sure ;).

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am curious to see how that XFX 6800 Xtreme runs and what numbers it can put up. Regardless, that ought to do you well for a while.

My only suggestion is to get a better CPU cooler. The stock coolers are adequate but a good performing cooler can be picked up now for under 40 bucks so thats something to think about.

For the rounded cables....you can try eBay and I know that Newegg, MonarchComputers, ZipZoomFly as well as ACRyan carry rounded cables. They are pretty common now so if you must have then ASAP, you can go to your local Best Buy or Radio Shack and pick some up. You will certainly have to pay a much inflated price though at BB or RS.

Best of luck...

leecho7

Partition Master
I'm hoping this system will serve me well. I picked up some rounded cables from a local ma+pa computer shop.
I will probably pick up a Zalman CPU cooler from there as well. Was looking into the Fatality cooler by Zalman... cause that thing immediately caught my eye on how friggin huge it was.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have a Thermaltake Blue Orb II and a Zalman 7000Cu sitting here. One of them is yours if you pay shipping. You can read up on the TT Blue Orb II in a review I recently posted if you haven't all ready.

PM me if your interested. They both preform nicely but the TT does a bit better due to it's size and the larger fan blowing across it.

liqnit

E.M.I.
Congrats on the new rig
the spec looks very promising you will have tons of fun with this system

leecho7

Partition Master
Thanks for the offer Darksynergy, but I'm gonna have to pass on that for now.
My friend is hookin me up with an Artic Cooling Freezer 64Pro, some after market heat spreaders for my ram, several fans and two tubes of artic silver 5, after hooking him up with a free engine and transmission oil change (he supplied the oils) and a tire rotation for his car.

leecho7

Partition Master
Doh! I got all of my computer parts in today EXCEPT my graphics card... which will come either Friday or Monday... hate playing the waiting game.

werty316

Partition Master
Thats good news know hopefully everytihng will go smoothly when you build it; it should anyways.