Features Not Likely to be Seen in Windows 7

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
With Windows 7 en route, everyone has their own opinion on what the new OS will have, and what it probably won't have. Of course it's too early to speculate on much, but Gizmodo decided to have a Photoshop contest that had entrants conjure up some screenshot of something Windows 7 would not have, and some are truly hilarious.

After looking through all the posted entries, I'd have to say my favorite is the same one chosen for first place, which is shown below. It's a good throwback to the Windows 3.x days, when computing was much, much simpler. Another great entry is Microsoft Kill. It's designed so well, it almost looks like a real application.

Feature I hope isn't going to be included? One that keeps track of how much time is spent on the PC... I don't think I could face that sad reality.

windows_7_photoshoped_images_110608.jpg

For this week's Photoshop Contest, I asked you guys to imagine some Windows 7 features that we're not likely to see come its release next year. And while we have the predictable barrage of Blue Screen of Death jokes, we also have a bunch of other clever and awesome takes on Microsoft's next big OS.

Source: Gizmodo