EVGA Revamps its Lifetime Warranty Policy

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Gamers from yonder years may still recall quite a few companies that offered lifetime warranties on graphics cards (in some cases, double-lifetime), but everyone knows such agreements have become harder and harder to find as companies either exited the business or changed their warranty terms to stay competitive.

evga_large_logo_041512.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I've had my 7800GT replaces about 3 times now. I've been "upgraded" all the way up to a 9600GT because the previous replacement was no longer being offered at the time of RMA. While I swear it's all been on the up and up, I can see how the lifetime warranty could be exploited to get new cards on a regular basis.

Doom is right. 3 years is still very fair and closer to the life of I would guess 80% of all users. I used to upgrade every year. Screw that these days. Until it started to give me the finger about 6 months ago (after the previous 5-6 months of spotty performance), I was still VERY happy with my 260 GTX. I miss you NVIDIA. This AMD card just doesn't do it for me like you did. One day we will be together again. One day when I'm not too cheap to upgrade and when I give a rat's ass about doing so.

Farewell sweet warranty. You will be missed by all but your cruel creator.

Last edited: