EteRNA - RNA Folding Game Used for Research

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Folding and crowd-sourcing projects for research have been springing up for a number of years. Folding@Home became a household name due to its integration with the PlayStation 3 as a screensaver. The algorithms used for these projects are often inefficient, requiring massively complex computations for seemingly simple tasks. EteRNA; a project from Carnegie Mellon and Stanford Universities, is a new breed of computation system; instead of performing these complex calculations, it gives you the ability to interact with the simulation and solve problems yourself.

eterna_game400_011411.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I like this idea quite a b it. The "game" looks attractive and it's all for a good cause. From what I understand, it's also challenging as hell, so that's another plus.

I might have to give this one a go soon.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I like this idea quite a b it. The "game" looks attractive and it's all for a good cause. From what I understand, it's also challenging as hell, so that's another plus.

I might have to give this one a go soon.

Good luck... it gets absurdly complicated quickly after the initial introduction tests, I got stumped halfway through the practice challenges. :D