Epic crash in F1 2011

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Alright, probably not the kind of crash people were expecting.

f1_epic_crash.png

killem2

Coastermaker
10 Hours?

Something is telling me you are loving this game :p

It really is a fantastic game. I spent nearly 3 hours just mindlessly repeating nurburgring over and over to get practice with g27. It is a very very hard game if you turn all realism on. I've started out slow. Automatic tranmission, abs and traction control at first, then removed the abs, then removed the TC.

Its just phenomonal to realize what the real F1 drivers go through.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can't play with assists turned off... I just can't. Not with the gamepad, at least. I end up spinning out constantly.

killem2

Coastermaker
I can't play with assists turned off... I just can't. Not with the gamepad, at least. I end up spinning out constantly.

What helps me is going to formula1.com, watchig the onboards under videos.

Once you watch the pros and where they brake and lift off, and such, it gets much MUCH easier. That said, just because I can make it around the track beating the bronze time doesn't mean I'll be able to pul it off when their are other cars on the track LOL.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What helps me is going to formula1.com, watchig the onboards under videos.

That's a good recommendation. The full F1 races might help also if you monitor how a lot of drivers handle their car. Even so, it's challenging. Perhaps a wheel would be a little better for no assists, but I seemed to spin out way too easily, and the game just wasn't fun.

For the true F1 enthusiast though, it's nice to have the option to make it as realistic as possible.

killem2

Coastermaker
I can see that being a problem unless your controller has really good sensitivity. Since they made these cars respond like the real thing, there is no such think in modern day f1 as a drift, and if you do drift in a game, its almost impossible if you are in the cockpit to know your back end is letting loose. The pros can generally correct their oversteer but with a controller when you push left, its not just left a little or FULL left. Or at least that's what I notice with my controller.