Dr. Phil

marfig

No ROM battery
Dear Dr. Phil,

Today I got an email from a complete stranger wanting to be my friend at raptr.com. Out of curiosity I went to his profile page. This person has close to 6,000 hours of WoW playtime and 4,000 hours of Second Life playtime. Should I accept his friendship request?

Dear Dr. Phil,

When I see someone that has close to 10,000 hours of MMORPGs playtime (one of them being Second Life), posts his picture on his profile, and sends friendship requests to complete strangers, I feel like murdering them. Do I have cancer?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Weird, I've never gotten a friendship request there from anyone I don't know. That aside, 10,000 hours in Second Life definitely means you don't have a first life.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I as one who has refused participation in WoW do have friends completely invested, and tell me that there are those who have bots that play for them as well as buying up the privileges (or whatever) that people have acquired. As I understand it, you can get real money which opens the potential to get scammed by incomplete transactions.

In other words, complete stangers to me suggest eventual scam attempt. Stanger Danger!!! :eek:

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
Huh....Things I never knew, Psi*.

Granted, I think I could have lived without that, but I can at least appreciate and be thankful that this person likely has not spent an ACTUAL 10,000 hours playing Second Life...