DoD: Source?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Is anybody besides me going to give this a go? I enjoyed the original DoD, and this one just looks amazing. Not sure when I will find time to game, but looking at those screenshots, I don't think I can hold off much longer :cool:

Ben

Site Developer
I tried to play it Monday and every server, yes, all 647 of them, were full. I ended up running a local server and running around by myself and I must say, HDR is amazing! Once again Valve sets the standard in gaming by producing the next must have feature in every game.

Word.

E.M.I.
I would have...

I would have played it until i got to the part "Purchase" then i played Cs source :p

Ben

Site Developer
CanadaPro said:
I would have played it until i got to the part "Purchase" then i played Cs source :p

Ahh man thats terrible, I mean you could almost consider that a crime in my house. Everyone knows that 1.6 is way better than CS:S.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Naw man, CS: Source kicks ass. I wanted to play DoD: Source since before HL2 came out, so I'm glad I bought that package at the time.

It's quite fun.. I can feel myself wanting to play it now..

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Iunno... I may get around to it. I liked DoD more than BF1942, but I only ever played it on my RA's comp freshman year. (dude currently is a game tester at lucas arts HAHA!) But na I may buy this since i refuse to buy an xbox to play halo and halo 2 alone.

Word.

E.M.I.
Orbit said:
Ahh man thats terrible, I mean you could almost consider that a crime in my house. Everyone knows that 1.6 is way better than CS:S.

Just because, you can't walk up the latters without making a sound does not make the game better hehe
:p

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Got back into town yesterday and played this for about 2 hours today (in between the Colts game that it) and I am impressed. I mean its basically CS:S but I like the WWII atmosphere a lot. Kudos to Valve for this Gem and for less than 20 dollars what are you waiting for?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Everytime I think about playing CS 1.6, I start to play SWAT or KQ VI and realize that the graphics from back then royally suck..........then I play something that doesnt suck.

I know it comes down to game play and the only game that I can still play regularly is AoE II and Diablo II. Those graphics are bad but the games are still amazing. Personal opinion, YES but oh so right.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
DarkSynergy said:
Got back into town yesterday and played this for about 2 hours today (in between the Colts game that it) and I am impressed. I mean its basically CS:S but I like the WWII atmosphere a lot. Kudos to Valve for this Gem and for less than 20 dollars what are you waiting for?

I agree 100%. The graphics are top rate, and the levels are well designed and thought out. There's only 4 right now, but I'm sure they will add more as time passes. There are a few levels from the original I want to see remade for Source.

Ben

Site Developer
DarkSynergy said:
Everytime I think about playing CS 1.6, I start to play SWAT or KQ VI and realize that the graphics from back then royally suck..........then I play something that doesnt suck.

Whoa there buddy. I suppose graphics make a break a game these days eh. Lets not forget, CS was made in 1999. And 1.6 is still ranked practically at the TOP of the list for most users. So I dont think you can say that the graphics make it "suck." I suppose you also own an X-Box and hate Nintendo for much the same reasons. 1.6 is better not because of graphics but because of gameplay. It just does it right. Of course, since you refuse to get over the graphics you will never understand.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I suppose we could go back and forth all evening about what is better in a game but it eventualy comes down to user desicion and I choose CS:S over the your beloved 1.6.

Man, I wasn't trying to offend you in any way so I hope I didnt piss you off. I also reserve the right to play any game, even if its a much needed update to game that is visually "unappealing" to most. I could have worded it differantly because CS 1.6 doesnt "suck", just doesnt do it for me like it used to. So now, it's CS:S for me please.

and I play my Gamecube far more than my XBOX by the way....

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Orbit said:
Whoa there buddy. I suppose graphics make a break a game these days eh. Lets not forget, CS was made in 1999. And 1.6 is still ranked practically at the TOP of the list for most users. So I dont think you can say that the graphics make it "suck." I suppose you also own an X-Box and hate Nintendo for much the same reasons. 1.6 is better not because of graphics but because of gameplay. It just does it right. Of course, since you refuse to get over the graphics you will never understand.

Id personally take a NES over an Xbox anyday...