Display is not coming

mwvirk

Obliviot
My computer shutdown automatically.
Later I tried to switch on the machine again but it (CPU) gave 1 long beep and then 3 beeps.

On monitor, it shows that it's trying to find signals (showing HDMI - Digital - Analog) and then monitor goes to standby.

Open the case and found that display card's (8800GT) is stopped and its not working at all.
Remove card and clean it. Still fan was not moving. Clean fan properly and used WD40 and fan started working now.

Placed card back and cabled. But still machine is coming up but there is no display. CPU is still giving 1 long beep & 3 beeps and monitor still showing HDMI - Digital - Analog.

I wonder if GPU is dead!!! But how come fan is working. Do i need to buy new GPU now. Pls help.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I think it is the GPU. This same thing happened to me too! U should try using the GPU in a friends PC and if it still not working then go for a replacement! :D

Though Beeps r also RAM related... See to the GPU first..

mwvirk

Obliviot
ok. i got response from most of forums that it could be GPU.
well, I am going to confirm this by installing some other card on my machine and try my card on some other machine.
now, if it is really GPU then i need to buy a new display card. Please help me find good DX11 card based on my mobo / sys config.
please help me and let me have list of few DX11 card with rating.
(ASKING LIST OF FEW DX11 - SO I CAN CHECK MY BADGET)

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
Yeah, GPU would be the likely culprit. The fan on the card will run regardless of whether everything else on the card runs, as long as there's power going to it. So if the fan got stuck and the card overheated, the chip or the RAM could have gone bad but the power would still run to the fan.

Unfortunately I can't see your system setup to give you recommendations on a new card - when you confirm that it is the graphics card, post your specs and our other members will gladly try to help. :)

Good luck!