Dell's Online Store Hit with Changed Prices

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As a boss, one of the biggest hurdles you may ever have to face is the letting go of a single employee, or many. In the tech world, and well, in any business in general, layoffs are inevitable, and when they happen, it's seriously unfortunate. It means hard workers are out of a job, and are unable to easily feed their families, pay their rent and generally take care of the necessities of life. So I'm sure it was with angst that about 700 Malay Dell employees found out they were getting the boot.

dell_adamo_041509.jpg

You can read the rest of our news post here.

MacMan

Partition Master
Locally, my friend is one of the 5,000 people being laid off by Microsoft, at the end of December and certainly, it's a time of anguish for those losing their jobs, but it's certainly not a time to play pranks on the company. I would think that it's a form of sabotage and would come under the criminal code, at least here in the west.

I can only hope, that like my friend, they will all find new jobs soon and be so busy working that they won't have the time to play silly, but costly jokes on anybody, including, of course, their employers.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
MacMan said:
I would think that it's a form of sabotage and would come under the criminal code, at least here in the west.

I would have to think it would be, but unless Dell has it set up to tie all the changes to the database to a certain PC, I'm not sure the person will ever be found out about. And I also agree, I hope that these people land in other jobs soon. The job situation now is so stressful... if you have a job, you should be thankful.