Dell's 2408WFP Now Available, Packs High Color Gamut & DisplayPort

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
You might recall a few months ago when Dell's new 3008WFP display was first discovered, and boy, was it about time. Up until that point, Dell's 30" monitors were somewhat lackluster. They looked great, but the connectivity was appalling, with a choice of DVI and... that's it. The 3008WFP, however, was an entirely different story, with a selection of VGA, DVI, component, S-Video, HDMI and even DisplayPort - a technology that's just beginning to catch on.

I saw that particular monitor at last weeks CES and have to say... I was impressed. The bright picture and high color gamut almost convinced me to pick it up and run off, but alas, I would get tired too quick. We will have a review of that display in the weeks to come.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
dell_2408wfp_011708.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Now
, someone has found out that the 24" model, the 2408WFP, is also available, for $748. It includes all of the functionality of its 30" sibling, has 1,300:1 contrast ratio, 6ms response, 102% color gamut and a bright 400 cd/m2 picture. I am not sure how someone stumbled on this... because I can't even find it through regular methods on their website, but if you are interested in purchasing, you can use this link. One thing is for sure... the $748 price tag is far easier to stomach than the $1,999 one for the 30" model.

Source: Engadget

I can't get over the price difference between this and the 30" model... that's insane. You really do pay out the ass for quality when it comes to big displays...