Cyber Accoustics, the brand name.

leecho7

Partition Master
I'm sure many of you, if not all, haven't heard about this brand before. I took a risk at purchasing their 2 speaker/subwoofer for 25 bucks at Newegg.com about a year ago. To my suprise these sound great. I compared them to my cousins 4:1 (whatever) Creative Labs speakers and these CA's blew them away quality wise. I mean sure they aren't as loud, but they're loud enough to watch DVD's or play video games on. You can't beat the quality of these speakers for 25 bucks.

Check em out if your a cheap fool like I am.

Cyber Accoustics

Will post more info on them later on.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
CA do make great inexpensive speakers. You may like bass, but you don't always need bass.

Personally, nothing beats headphones for me :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, I have a family that thinks my low volume is screaming loud, so I am forced to headphones. :|

leecho7

Partition Master
Oh trust me, these have bass. It rumbles throughout my room, and someone put a complaint on me because my bass was turned up. The quality of the bass is also good, it isn't distorted or anything at high volumes.

Will Nave

E.M.I.
ultra51_2_300.jpg

Klipsch FTW!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
^^ nice system... To bad its not much better than the stereo I use for my TV in teh living room... And its costs ths same :( Least they could do is throw in a tuner or soemthing for radio... and i mean very least for that price...

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I wonder what the OP will think when he hears a real subwoofer for the first time...

Generally, computer subwoofers can't even really be called "sub"-woofers, except that they cover whatever the woofers or full-range cones can't. But the CA subs are less subby than most. The Acoustic Authority speakers by Cyber Acoustics are better in this regard, though. They have an 8" woofer with some get-down-and-boogie, but they still don't play that deep. The other subs probably are not hitting anything below 55 Hz. The expensive speakers of the world are expensive for a reason. I still have the little 4" woofer from my set of Cyber Acoustics speakers, in which the built-in amplifier failed after about a year or so. The woofer is a beefy little thing, however. I'll likely find some other use for it.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I didn't mean to say, of course, that there isn't a market for the type of product that Cyber Acoustics sells, but they really can't compete in terms of sound quality with a really good system by a reputable manufacturer, like Logitech, Cambridge Soundworks, Klipsch, or Altec Lansing. As I hinted before, there were longevity problems with both Cyber Acoustics products that I've owned. (I also bought a $20 set because I wanted to see if the 3" subwoofer could produce anything like bass. The amplifier in it also failed.)