Crucial Ballistix PC4000 (DDR500) 1GB Kit

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In the world of fast performance memory, Crucial sometimes get's overlooked. We are taking a look at their PC4000 Ballistix, which we hope will prove overclocker friendly, as were the PC3200's. Let's check them out!

ballistix_logo.gif

As always, after reading the review here, you can discuss it here. Comments and questions are welcomed! If you prefer to flame me directly, you can e-mail me at rob.williams /at\ techgage.com.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Now that is some pretty nice ram...It seems to like all the voltage you care to throw at it and keeps scaling quite nicely.

Very schpankity indeed...

Regeneration

NGOHQ CEO
Great review! I have Crucial Ballistix DDR500 too and I think Crucial Ballistix is a great DDR Module but it requires 2.8v and sometimes you have to set it up manually. Motherboards Manufacturer should add auto-detection and increase the maximum to atleast 3.2v for a better overclock ability. Some of my boards can only reach to 2.8v :(

I didnt knew the Crucial Ballistix DDR500 could reach 300FSB but I need a new motherboard for it.

Last edited:

5m0k3y

Excellent review!
Did you manage to find out what causes the memory errors with the Ballistix PC4000 and DFI Ultra-d board?
I have the same problem with that RAM/board setup. The only way I can get the Ballistix to run stable, is when I drop in another gig of some cheap 400. Thus completely defeating the whole point of having the 500.