Corsair's First 'Link' System Monitoring Kits to Launch in July

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
At CES, Corsair talked a bit about its upcoming 'Link' hardware monitor / control peripheral, but at the ongoing Computex conference in Taipei, the company showed off actual product and has even released pricing details. At launch, set to occur in July, there will be two kits to choose from from; "Corsair Link Cooling" and "Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting" - the latter of which adds lighting capabilities as the name suggests.

corsair_link_01_060111_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I can't stand flashiness in my systems it but even this has me curious because it has other applications. I'm wondering if this is the latest incarnation of CoolIT System's Maestro that they were talking about in late 2010 and early 2011 but never launched after making the change over to being a strictly OEM company?

The maestro was three parts - the cooler, a wireless USB transceiver and software. This looks like it may be pretty much the same, only the USB transceiver was done away with to leave USB ports open and to keep the front a system as clean as possible, which I like.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
There was the NVIDIA ESA system as well back in 2007, which was supposed to have done the same thing, it even had a number of OEM and system component manufacturers backing the system, so the PSU, CPU cooler, MB, various thermal sensors and such would all be connected to a unified system monitoring architecture. Needless to say, nothing came of it. It was supposed to have been based on USB, so everything was universal. Why didn't it take off? No idea...

Manufacturers backed it, but all equipment had to be sent off to an independent body for testing and approval, so there would expense in that. I think the other problem would be no one (consumers) were asking for it. NVIDIA still release the software for the ESA system, just hardly anything supports it.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
The only thing that I see holding this back is the price. It's a total niche product and one that could be fun but companies really need to buy into it and put out some really trick pieces of kit.

marfig

No ROM battery
I understand this monitors and lets you control your system fans and cooling.... but what does it really do? :rolleyes:

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I understand this monitors and lets you control your system fans and cooling.... but what does it really do? :rolleyes:

Skynet's gotta start somewhere, can't rule the world by pretending to be some online chat client called Alice. :p