Corsair Voyager 4GB Thumb Drive

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thumb drive not providing you enough space for your needs? Corsair's Voyager thumb drives are very well respected because they are fast and very durable. This one is no exception, except that it offers you a full 4GB of space! Let's take a look at this spacious drive, and see how it stacks up to the competition.

As always, feel free to discuss the review here!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I dare you to give the next review < 7...

To me if the software locks up and the speed isnt what they advertise... I'm not going to like it no matter how much it stores.

The password thing is a pimp idea though.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I gave the drive an 8 for a few reasons. The price is right for a drive this size, and Corsair are the first to the market with such a large drive at that price. I am also diliberating with myself on whether my computer is messing with the write speed, because another website had no issues with theirs.

Overall, I stick to my rating of 8/10, because that's what it deserves. If 2.5MB/s is that important to you, then get another drive. If you need 4GB, live with it.

R

rjm

Voyager Write Speed

Actually, the 2 and 4 GB models are only rated to 9 GB/s transfer, not 13 GB/s like the 1 Gb model.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/flash_memory.html

My problem, one that others are also experiencing, is that the write speed isnt even close to that. I'm getting 1.5 Mb/s even for a single large file.

The only way out is to reformat as NTFS rather than FAT32. In NTFS I get the rated 9 MB/s performance.

Were your measurements done under FAT32 or NTFS?

R

rjm

rjm said:
Actually, the 2 and 4 GB models are only rated to 9 GB/s transfer, not 13 GB/s like the 1 Gb model.

Actually, the 2 and 4 GB models are only rated to a write speed of 9 MB/s, not 13 MB/s like the 1 GB model.

You know what I meant...