Corsair Vengeance M90 MMO Gaming Mouse Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When we took a look at Corsair's M60 "FPS" gaming mouse a couple of months ago, we found that while the hardware was excellent, the software was less so. For the M90, we decided to wait for the relevant software updates, which has since happened. So, after a delay, it's finally time to take a look at Corsair's "MMO" M90.

Read through Jamie's full look at Corsair's M90 "MMO" gaming mouse and then discuss it here!

R

Ringo

good review

I totally agree with this review. I used to own the Corsair Vengeance M90 and I gotta say, the side buttons were really bad in fact so bad I actually stopped gaming for couple weeks till I got a new mouse. Didn't have much problems with the software and thought that the mouse had great shape, awesome build quality and also great sensor, but the side buttons were seriously flawed.
I actually got the mouse for FPS and RTS, I play a lot of BF3 and WC3 and need some good number of side buttons to make winning easier and having a better control overall.
I hope Corsair releases a new version 2.0 or just an upgraded version of the M90 with much better side buttons and a more mature software. I'm kinda stuck with a crappy mouse atm and need something soon.
Still gotta mention that honestly the Corsair Vengeance M90 is probably the most solid and beautiful and feature packed mouse I've ever used+ the awesome aluminum frame at the bottom.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
The software issues were more to do with bricking than a lack of features... although mouse macros interrupting keyboard commands were infuriating. It just took Corsair far too long to update the firmware and software.

And yeah, the M90 is a really well-built mouse, and I do love the quality, same for the M60. But the M90's thumb button placement just doesn't sit well with me and the buttons really are far too stiff. I've reprogrammed the M60 now for MMOs, the sniper button is my interrupt since it's so large and easy to push. It would be nice to have more buttons, but with the lightweight switches...

Thanks for your comments.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm still in awe of the fact that the software could brick your mouse... silly. As for the mouse itself, it's unfortunate that it's not so ideal to use, but I can understand it. I admit I almost wrote off this mouse the second I saw it because I thought it looked foolish, but I admit now it does have its uses - if the buttons are ideal to push, that is.

Big Red Machine

Hellfire and Brimstone
Staff member
Maybe I'm old school (or maybe just old), but simplicity in design and execution are really underrated, in my opinion.

It's like cars with electric or automatic everything: Those gadgets may be "convenience" items, but you're just adding more things to the list of "things that might break." And once they break, there goes all the convenience you supposedly paid for.

Plus Corsair's thing here is that they had a hell of a time getting things to work properly in the first place. Big boo boo, IMO. Get all the issues sorted, then sell it.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's like cars with electric or automatic everything: Those gadgets may be "convenience" items, but you're just adding more things to the list of "things that might break." And once they break, there goes all the convenience you supposedly paid for.

I tend to agree with this. For a mouse, I like simple, with just enough buttons to get by. My Sensei pretty much defines what I consider to be perfect. Two buttons on each site, great comfort level and its software is pretty cool also.